This harness is only suitable for pulling. It adapts perfectly to the dog’s body. This harness works the best with constant tension on the leash. It fits mostly for dogs with slim neck and long back. The round shaped neck enables more shoulder freedom for dogs, whose stride is restricted in X-back harness.
Always check the correct fit in “pulling” position. Pull on the loop with one hand and check the following:
- snug fit around the neck – make sure it does not slip above the chest bone.
- does not slip behind last ribs into the soft belly
- the loop ends at the base of the tail
If the above points fit, go check out the correct fit outside with the dog pulling. Especially if your dog is a strong puller, this is where the harness might stretch even more. If possible try to make a video of your dog from sideview & check the following:
- it does not slip behind last ribs into the soft belly
- there are no breathing noises when your dog is full pulling
- the shoulders or hips are not restricted – your dog can make full stride
If possible try to make a video of your dog from frontal view & check the following:
- the harness does not slip to the side or into the armpits